12 Growing Companies Selected for Capital Connects 2022 Pitch Competition
Launch Greensboro announced today the twelve companies selected for its annual pitch competition, Capital Connects, set to take place on April 13 at Elm & Bain event space at transform GSO in downtown Greensboro.
Running for more than 20 years, this event serves as a bridge between investors and entrepreneurs seeking capital for their companies.
There are two competitions: a two-minute lightning round for seed-stage businesses and a six-minute pitch for Series A-stage businesses. A panel of expert judges will choose a winner in each category, and those winners will receive both cash and in-kind prizes. In addition to the winners chosen by the Capital Connects judging panel, the audience will vote on a Fan Favorite.
The five companies selected for the six-minute pitch portion of the event are:
- CopyForward, Inc. - CopyForward enables creators and collectors to earn royalties on future resales of assets they created or owned. Leveraging the concept of Artist Resale Royalty Rights, CopyForward supports creation of contracts that provide for royalty payments as assets are resold.
- Doggos Dog Park and Pub - The Triad's first Dog Park & Pub where dogs can run and play while their humans enjoy the bar, special events and mingling.
- ESTAS Beauty - ESTAS is the first line of luxury skincare made for scars. ESTAS, which stands for Every Scar Tells a Story, is on a mission to change the societal stigma against scars by helping others care for and embrace their scarred skin.
- F3TCH, Inc. - F3TCH enables hotels and resorts to optimize the guest experience through their innovative mobile app.
- Unbox the Dress - Unbox the Dress is an innovation in the closed-loop fashion economy as the first digitally-empowered service allowing for the repurposing of sentimental garments. To date the company has helped 3K women from coast to coast repurpose cherished family wedding gowns into 10K+ designs to enjoy and gift.
The seven companies selected for the two-minute pitch portion of the event are:
- Hot Route – Hot Route is a data analytics provider empowering amateur sports teams, players, and fans with the tools to be more competitive.
- Medherd – Through their scheduling API and proprietary product introduction engine, Medherd automatically matches medical vendor representatives with the medical practices most likely to use their product.
- My Relief Wear LLC - My Relief Wear is a casual cold therapy clothing company with patent-pending technology changing the process of icing pain. My Relief Wear makes ice packs you can wear.
- Optera – Optera’s pheromone-based diagnostic test allows beekeepers to make data-driven management decisions through early identification of hives that are more susceptible to destructive mite damage.
- PulmonIx - PulmonIx aims to transform clinical care through execution of cutting-edge pulmonary clinical research.
- Without a Trace Foods - Without A Trace manufactures and distributes allergen-friendly, gluten-free snacks for all ages and curates targeted content for families by connecting them with nutritionists, educators and other experts, becoming these families’ go-to companion on their food allergy journey.
- Work-Life Solutions Concierge - Work-Life Solutions Concierge was created to maximize your time. Whether that be providing employees with support, assisting executives with managing atypical requests or offering concierge services as a unique property amenity available to residents and tenants, Work-Life Solutions Concierge is here to help manage the chaos in life.
Capital Connects is free and open to the public. To register to attend, visit capitalconnects.org.
About Launch Greensboro
Launch Greensboro is the entrepreneurship arm of the Greensboro Area Chamber of Commerce. Launch Greensboro accelerates growth for local entrepreneurs through education, mentoring and access to capital. For more information, visit: launchgreensboro.com.
About Capital Connects
A signature showcase event, running for more than 20 years, Capital Connects provides education opportunities for investors and connections to entrepreneurs seeking capital for their company. Firms presenting at this signature event have raised over $9.5 million from local investors. Entrepreneurs “compete” for an opportunity to pitch their business to regional investors – 2021 saw 14 companies present to over 235 investors/community members in attendance. For more information, visit: capitalconnects.org.
Circle of Champions
Kelly Office Solutions
Staunton Capital, Inc.
Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist