Currently hiring Fitter/Welders for a Thomasville Family owned steel fabrication company since 1966. The company has grown from a supplier and installer of ornamental iron to the home building industry to one of the premier fabricators and erectors of structural and miscellaneous steel in the southeast.
Excellent Benefits Package offered along with 401K
The Fitter/Welder is responsible for using MIG welding equipment to manufacture parts and assemblies as required, meeting defined production schedules.
Starting pay is based on experience and skills evaluations (weld test and math test that includes tape measure questions).
- Prepares and sets up necessary tools and equipment for welding jobs.
- Arranges parts for welding and staging processes.
- Builds welded assemblies for new products and changes to existing products per engineering documents and established production standards.
- Reports fabrication issues and assist in resolutions as required.
- Participates in and attends cross functional meetings as required.
- Supports the Quality Assurance department with respect to jig & fixture evaluation.
- Ensures compliance in all safety, health, and environmental regulations, policies and procedures for a goal of zero incidents and injuries.
- Operates other necessary equipment and performs tasks necessary to complete parts to specifications.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Prior working experience as a welder/fitter
- Completion of a welding course or AWS certified a plus.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of mechanical assemblies and testing.
Circle of Champions
CT Wilson Construction Co.
Kelly Office Solutions
Staunton Capital, Inc.